Proud Member of the SBOA
Why Not Sprout?!
4039 Skippack Pike, Skippack, PA
Mindfulness Meditation – Summer Circles began on Saturday, July 14 at 10:00 am! Join us!
Thinking about starting a Mindfulness Meditation practice?
Want to understand what Mindfulness is all about?
We are encouraging and serving people who are new to mindfulness, meditation - or both. Of course, experienced humans are welcome! Know that we will be covering preliminary and introductory concepts.
Mindfulness meditation offers many proven benefits. A regular practice improves emotional stability and physical wellbeing on a variety of measures. More to the point, this practice helps you slow down – pause – and stay present.
THIS IS YOUR LIFE - BE PRESENT FOR IT.
Attending Mindfulness Meditation Summer Circles will help you...
∞ Delve into the foundations of mindfulness practice
∞ Stay motivated and on-track; integrate mindfulness into your life
∞ Enjoy the quality of energy generated when folks meditate together
∞ Connect with others, create community, and feel held and supported
∞ Nurture and deepen your practice
∞ Each meeting will last ~75-90 minutes
∞ Format-Facilitated & semi-structured, focusing on a different aspect of mindfulness
∞ PLEASE sign up in advance; space is limited; ~12-14 humans at the most
∞ Investment: I would do this for free if I could - and maybe someday I will be able to do that... it is my dream. For now, to keep our doors open we are asking $12 for a single session or 4 sessions for $40 (paid in advance; can use your pass for any 4 sessions throughout the summer. Students 18-25 and those who are Young at Heart (62+) are $10 for a single session or 4 for $34. Feeling crunched? Donate as you are able.
We accept cash or credit cards at the space. You can sign up through the website https://whynotsprout.com/the-calendar/ and select the date you want. Or call 610.222.0700 and leave a message - I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
|June 15||July 20||August 17|
|Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
We are rescheduling the walk from August 12 to August 19, due to the thunder storms in the forecast. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause - your safety is our first consideration. Taking a slow walk through wet grass when there is lightning in the area might result in an unforeseen "transformative" moment :) - Not exactly what we had in mind! Hope to see you on the 19th! Call 610.222.0700 and let us know you are coming so we can plan accordingly!
What's Why Not Sprout?! All About?
People are meant to live into their FULL POTENTIAL - to THRIVE, not just survive - regardless of where they are planted. Are you ready to discover what's alive in YOU?
Consider this an invitation to create something new in your life. It's time for you to LIVE VIBRANTLY and SPROUT OUT LOUD! Bring your curiosity, an open mind, and a willingness to grow.
We offer individual and small-group life coaching to support what's STRONG in you, Mindfulness workshops and meditation circles, and other programs designed to help support your "growth spurts," enrich your life and encourage you on your journey. All of our offerings are rooted in positive psychology, interpersonal neurobiology, and compassionate communication.
Appropriate for adults, 18+
Our Mission - We will work hard to...
- Connect people – to themselves, to others, and to ideas that will help raise them up
- Create a welcoming place where people explore their thoughts, “dig around” in their inner garden, weed out what no longer serves them, and identify & nurture what feeds them
- Help you slow down and peel back the layers of fast-paced living so that you can live more mindfully
Our Core Beliefs and Philosophies:
- We humans are meant to live into our full potential with happiness and contentment; we are inherently worthy of love
- You are not a problem to be fixed or an issue to be solved, like a 30-minute sitcom or an hour-long drama; you are a seed to be nurtured and tended with great care and attention
- That seed of purpose – of talent – of passion — is already within you, waiting to be born
- It’s not about changing who you are now, but discovering who you really are deep inside the core of your being – and changing the outside to reflect the inside
- New growth is precious, and needs to be held with respect and dignity as it struggles to break through and take root
- Transformation is absolutely possible
- You CAN change your mind…literally. It is never too late
- How you listen and express yourself makes a difference in how you understand and are understood
- Connecting in a meaningful way with other humans is necessary – even for us Introverts
- A full and meaningful life does not eradicate difficult emotions – instead, when we notice and accept them, learn from them, and integrate them, we grow from them – and they soften their hold on us
Our Promise to You:
- You will be met with unconditional positive regard and a non-judgmental mind
- All approaches and strategies offered in this practice for growing, thriving and resilience are grounded in theory, supported by research, and supplemented by the scientific study of optimal human functioning (also known as positive psychology)
- We will support your growth, offer you options, and help you identify and expand your possibilities; we will not tell you what to do or advise you as to how you “should” live your life. The choice is always yours to make
- Whatever you share will be heard compassionately and held in confidence. We respect your privacy and appreciate your openness
Hours of Operation
Our hours are largely based on scheduled offerings or by appointment. We usually have "stop in" hours on Saturday afternoons from ~11 till 3 or 4 pm. You may run into me by happy coincidence! I am here most days of the week - you are invited to stop in if a program is not in session (you'll know by the sign on the door :))
Partner's Candlelight Meditation
Mindful Walking Meditation